3M is seeking an experienced Global Key Account Manager for the 3M Automotive and Aerospace Division . At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the Global Key Account Leader will be part of the fast-changing automotive industry and be responsible for successful 3M business results through engagement, development, and trusted supplier relationship with Tesla Corporation, globally.
This position will be accountable for successful global Sales & Income Operating plan achievement through implementing sales strategies and tactics of market penetration improvement of core AASD and Auto Electrification portfolio, opportunity management, 3M portfolio optimization, new product commercialization, global team skills development and resource management.
The ideal candidate will preferably be in Northern California; with additional consideration for Livonia, Michigan or St. Paul, Minnesota.
For additional information regarding 3M’s Automotive Electrification Program, please visit our website: Automotive Experience and EV Solutions
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Consult with Division leadership team(s) and has direct responsibility to lead, develop and execute Tesla Global Strategic Account Growth Plan
- Identify, communicate and champion key customer strategy opportunities for multiple Tesla emerging and investment businesses to identify total 3M core market positions and to create new 3M product portfolio development opportunities and future sales.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction and loyalty with 3M Company.
- Develops and strengthens customer relationships to increase 3M brand strength and customer trust.
- Establish and maintain a transparent and collaborative working team environment. This includes internal & external collaboration within 3M, on a direct and dotted line basis, as well as customer communities.
- Collaborative communication skills both written and oral, internally & externally, with 3M global stakeholders and customer community.
- Negotiates and counsels, on an expert level, multi-level relationships in product pricing and supply, along with intellectual property and confidentiality agreements with appropriate customer and 3M stakeholders.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) combined years of customer-facing experience in technical sales support, sales and/or marketing
- Master’s degree or higher in business administration, sales and / or marketing or technical disciplines.
- Five (5) years or more experience in Automotive OEM / Transportation sales and marketing.
- Three (3) years or more experience in global key account management.
- Ability to set and achieve stretch targets in a complex, multi- faceted environment including driving new product penetration and commercialization.
- Professional familiarity and success in marketing and selling processes of multiple products across multiple market segments and value chain positions; at multiple customer levels (executives to factory floor).
- Proven business acumen in managing large, complex OEM customer relationships.
- Strong analytical skills and use of qualitative and quantitative based decision-making tools including digital tools for internal and external communication and problem solving.
- Knowledge of transportation Automotive OEM product life cycle management and required commercialization processes at customers and 3M.
- Successful direct sales or demand generation responsibility and accountability with OEM & Tier transportation related customers.
- Successful integration skills of market and customer analytics with internal multi-functional perspectives for successful decision making.
Location: preferably be in Northern California; with additional consideration for Livonia, Michigan or St. Paul Minnesota
Travel: Expectation is that 70% of time is spent in California and 30% domestic and international
Relocation Benefits: U.S. Domestic Relocation Plans are authorized for this position
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).