3M is seeking a Tax Accounting Analyst for the Tax & Real Estate Department within the Finance Organization located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Job Summary :
The person hired for the position of Tax Accounting Analyst will primarily be responsible for income tax accounting.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare analysis, schedules, reconciliations and disclosures for the financial reporting of income taxes in accordance with ASC 740.
- Prepare supporting workpapers for outside financial audit of financial statements and related tax footnotes.
- Work directly with global tax and accounting personnel to ensure accurate tax accounting and return to provision entries.
- Prepare documentation related to SOX 404 controls.
- Maintain income tax provision software.
- Assist with monitoring and implementation of changes in tax accounting financial standards.
- Perform benchmarking of key metrics.
- Respond to ad hoc reporting and analysis requests from all levels of company personnel.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and software automation functionality.
- Team with tax department and/or company personnel as needed for special projects.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) in a Finance or Accounting discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years tax experience OR three(3) years finance/accounting experience in a public accounting firm or large, multi-national corporation
- Strong oral and written skills
- Proven analytical and organizational skills
- CPA certification
- Master of Business Taxation
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements and ASC 740
- Proficient in use of OneSource Tax Provision and Workpapers
- Experience with SAP and/or BPC
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Adherence to deadlines, especially during the monthly and quarterly close process
- Experience with Power BI
- Experience with Alteryx
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.