3M is seeking a Senior Application Engineer to support the Commercial Solutions Division business with a focus on Commercial Graphics and Window & Architectural Films portfolios, in London, ON.
The successful applicant will be part of a national team of professionals that support the films portfolios with specialized expertise in films to support the customization of building and vehicle surfaces.
- Develop in-depth product knowledge for the portfolio of 3M graphics, architectural, and window film products, in addition to market segment knowledge in commercial graphics, vehicle personalization and construction as relates to customization of vehicle and building surfaces with films
- Support Marketing, Sales Reps, Graphics Fabricators and Customers through the development and delivery of education and training collateral
- Conduct customer training and industry presentations on technologies, product selection and use of fall protection products
- Develop customer support materials including written articles, webinars, training videos, datasheets, and technical data bulletins
- Provide Canadian support to customer service & sales reps for technical requests
- Develop customer insights and provide product and market input to R&D for developmental and newly launched Global products
- Cultivate 3M and external reputation as a graphics / window films product and market expert professional
- Establish contacts and maintain rapport with 3M contacts globally to ensure Canadian inclusion in relevant new product programs
- Provide New Product Introduction (NPI) support including creating application instructions, conducting customer acceptance trials, assisting with claims substantiation and documentation, and understanding and communicating customers’ needs to internal cross functional teams.
- University Degree in Science or Engineering Discipline, or recognized equivalent
- Previous work experience in a customer facing technical or sales role
- Proficiency with computers & Office 365 software
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Bilingualism in English/French is an asset
- Post-secondary education or credentials in Interior and/or Graphic Design
- Experience preparing and providing customer focused education and training
Travel: In this role, you will be required to travel approximately 60% of the time, which may involve overnight stays. A valid driver’s license is required.
Relocation: Not offered
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, RSP plan, Stock Purchase Plan, and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid time off over the winter holidays
- Health & Wellness subsidies
- Onsite counselling and massage therapy available
- Individual Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Charity and Community involvement opportunities – recent events have included 3M Night at Budweiser Gardens, United Way campaign, Pride, and Let’s Talk Science
- Free parking
- Access to discounted tickets for sports events, concerts, and attractions
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We work to reflect the diversity of our global customers, suppliers and channel partners, and build on each individual employee’s abilities.
At 3M, we know that inclusion is the key to unlocking the power of our diversity. An inclusive culture is one that supports and appreciates differences, and provides fair and equal opportunities for everyone. It’s a place where people realize they are respected for their whole and unique selves, and that they belong. Inclusion leads to engagement, which in turn fosters the collaboration, creativity and innovation that drive long-term growth – for 3M as well as for our people and our teams.