3M is seeking a Regional Distribution Leader for its Industrial & Safety Market Centre team, located in Edmonton or Vancouver. The successful candidate will make an impact by delivering accelerated growth with a select group of strategic Distributors based in Western Canada. The RDL will bring to the role a deep understanding of the key market verticals in the industrial and safety market landscape, as well as a strong understanding and history of working with our Channel partners. Prominent focus will be on operating as the liaison for all activities that engage our key channels including relationship development, marketing planning and execution, merchandising efforts, operational alignment and field sales collaboration.
- Work closely with our Channels to understand their organization and their goals to best align 3M to help realize collaborative growth
- Analyze customer performance metrics to guide business decisions
- Work closely with cross-functional leadership (Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance, and Marketing-Sales Operations) to develop and execute the account growth plan
- Navigate the 3M Industrial and Safety team to ensure consistent alignment of resources and commitment to the plan
- Regularly engage with Distributor and 3M leadership to ensure effective execution of the plan and address any barriers to growth
- Establish and continuously improve key processes including Channel Account Optimization, pricing, profit maximization, merchandising, asset optimization, customer scheduling /inventory analysis
- Manage new channel partner set up, rationalization, and segmentation processes.
- Lead the execution of channel partner contracts and agreements
- Lead channel operations communications
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Proven engagement and understanding of industrial channels & relationship management
- Excellent communication & presentation skills. Able to build and deliver presentations to Executives.
- Excellent relationship building skills from C-Suite to the field to the operations team.
- Excellent collaboration skills to build relationships deep into the organization and to ensure alignment across divisions
- Strong operations and continuous improvement philosophy, always striving to streamline and improve.
- Strong initiative, competitive drive and ability to stay focused on delivering results. Excellent prioritization & time management skills.
- Strong history of excelling in executing change management
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com expected
- Strong data analytical skills with Excel and other data platforms
- Experience selling Industrial and Safety products
- Strong business acumen, combined with the ability to build and execute effective multi-faceted channel growth plans
Travel: In this role, you will be required to travel approximately 35% of the time, which will involve overnight stays. A valid driver’s license is required.
Relocation: Not offered
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, RSP plan, Stock Purchase Plan, Sales Incentive Plan, and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid time off over the winter holidays
- Health & Wellness subsidies
- Individual Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Access to discounted tickets for sports events, concerts, and attractions
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We work to reflect the diversity of our global customers, suppliers and channel partners, and build on each individual employee’s abilities.
At 3M, we know that inclusion is the key to unlocking the power of our diversity. An inclusive culture is one that supports and appreciates differences, and provides fair and equal opportunities for everyone. It’s a place where people realize they are respected for their whole and unique selves, and that they belong. Inclusion leads to engagement, which in turn fosters the collaboration, creativity and innovation that drive long-term growth – for 3M as well as for our people and our teams.