3M is seeking a Quality Engineer for its Personal Safety Division team located in our manufacturing facility in Brockville, ON. The successful candidate will make an impact by taking responsibility for quality programs and products of major importance to the division, supporting the respiratory protection industry. The ability to obtain Controlled Goods Clearance is mandatory for this role. To review the requirements involved, you can learn more here:
Controlled Goods Clearance
- Lead plant efforts to drive a Customer First culture by responding to customer issues, providing complaint resolution and striving to eliminate complaint frequency
- Participate in all internal/external quality systems audits for the plant (ISO and product regulatory), as well as conducting internal audits
- Implement and maintain the Quality Management System
- Help to investigate root cause and corrective action on non-conforming products and drive them to completion
- Spend time on the production floor working with operators to drive a Quality Culture and prevent non-conformances
- Assure compliance to external regulations, vendor specifications, customer requirements and industry standards when performing raw material/component and finished product release activities, and create and provide certificates of analysis/conformance when required
- Lead the quarterly vendor evaluation process
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of process owners to manage change and ensure consistent product performance that meets quality objectives
- Mentor and provide guidance to Quality technicians and technologists
- Plan and manage work to meet project plans, timelines, deliverables, and communicate progress and issues to key stakeholders
- Analyze information using statistical techniques to drive data-based decisions, including capability studies, control charts, etc.
- Perform calibration and metrology activities on time to ensure adherence to equipment requirements
- Complete product testing in a back-up capacity, when needed
- Post-secondary degree in Science or Engineering (completed)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience conducting quality systems audits
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Able to obtain Controlled Goods Clearance (mandatory) if selected
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Statistics or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years combined work experience in a Quality Engineering, Product Engineering, Six Sigma and/or Manufacturing environment
- Experience with the use of quality/statistical tools, e.g. Minitab
- Experience with ISO9001-2015 expectations
- Strong customer focus and consultative skills, with a proven ability to develop solutions to difficult problems
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Proficient in MS Office, Minitab and SAP experience is a plus
Travel: In this role, you will be required to travel approximately 5% of the time, which may involve overnight stays. A valid driver’s license is required.
Relocation: Not offered
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, RSP plan, Stock Purchase Plan, and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid time off over the winter holidays
- Health & Wellness subsidies
- Individual Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free parking
- Access to discounted tickets for sports events, concerts, and attractions
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We work to reflect the diversity of our global customers, suppliers and channel partners, and build on each individual employee’s abilities.
At 3M, we know that inclusion is the key to unlocking the power of our diversity. An inclusive culture is one that supports and appreciates differences, and provides fair and equal opportunities for everyone. It’s a place where people realize they are respected for their whole and unique selves, and that they belong. Inclusion leads to engagement, which in turn fosters the collaboration, creativity and innovation that drive long-term growth – for 3M as well as for our people and our teams.