3M is seeking an OR Solutions Account Representative who will be responsible for our OR Solutions Portfolio within the Medical Solutions Division covering most of New York City, Bronx, and Westchester county. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Represents and develops 3M Medical Solutions Division Operating Room business in integrated health systems and independent hospitals within an assigned territory. Responsible for clinical and concept selling of Patient Warming and Infection Prevention products.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for driving sales growth through collaborative efforts with other 3M Medical Solutions Division personnel including Technical Consultants, Medical Key Account Managers, Marketing, and distribution partners
- Understands and effectively communicates clinical/business solutions to Infection Preventionists, Operating Room management and other relevant key call points
- Drives sales growth through customer/product knowledge, ability to identify key opportunities, gain access, and to implement marketing programs.
- Uses territory analysis and opportunity assessment to create a business plan for growth.
- You will be issued a company vehicle for this position.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
This position requires driving a company vehicle, which will require pre-employment and ongoing review of motor vehicle history for candidates who are offered and hired for this position.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) of combined experience in sales or work in the medical field in a private, public, government or military environment
- Current, Valid Driver’s license is required, as you will be issued a company vehicle for this position
- Three years medical sales and/or work experience in the medical field
- Experience calling on Infection Preventionists and Operating Room staff in the acute care setting
- Experience calling on Nurse Educators in the acute care setting
- Clinical and concept selling skills
- Experience dealing with national contracts, including negotiation and distribution management
- Knows and understands medical terminology, processes and procedures.
- Knows and understands and can communicate industry standards and guidelines (AORN, AAMI, CDC, WHO)
- Strong computer skills i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint; uses technology, i.e., iPads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to lead and teach others
- Knowledge of the Healthcare environment and Healthcare reform
- Understand Sterile Processing Practices.
- Considers legal and ethical constraints, as well as company policy and goals when making decisions
Location : New York City
Sales Territory: New York City, Bronx, Westchester.
Travel: Minimal travel within the territory is anticipated
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence