3M is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for its Tape Manufacturing Plant, located in Brockville, ON. The successful candidate will make an impact by ensuring departmental and plant goals around Safety, Quality, Service and Productivity are me,t and will be responsible for daily engineering support to production throughout the plant.
- Initiate, identify, recommend and oversee programs to improve safety, quality, and cost
- Lead small to medium scale capital projects as they relate to Safety, Quality, Service, Productivity or New Product Implementation/Production.
- Participate and lead process improvement, new product development, raw materials substitution etc.
- Perform and guide technical activities leading to innovative application and extension of existing or new products/technologies.
- A post-secondary degree in Engineering, with studies in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 1-year Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivation, superior computer skills, data management and excellent technical aptitude
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, including extrusion compounding, drying, moving paper or film web lines, and coating technologies
- Strengths in PLC programming, troubleshooting, and development
- Strength in AutoCAD, Solid Works an asset
- Experience with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing processes and tools
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng), possession of a Limited License or enrollment in the Engineering Intern Training (E.I.T.) program
Demonstrated proficiency in project management
Travel: In this role, you will be required to travel approximately 10% of the time, which may involve overnight stays. A valid driver’s license is required.
Relocation: Not offered
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, RSP plan, Stock Purchase Plan, and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid time off over the winter holidays
- Health & Wellness subsidies
- Individual Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Charity and Community involvement
- Free parking
- Access to discounted tickets for sports events, concerts, and attractions
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We work to reflect the diversity of our global customers, suppliers and channel partners, and build on each individual employee’s abilities.
At 3M, we know that inclusion is the key to unlocking the power of our diversity. An inclusive culture is one that supports and appreciates differences and provides fair and equal opportunities for everyone. It’s a place where people realize they are respected for their whole and unique selves, and that they belong. Inclusion leads to engagement, which in turn fosters the collaboration, creativity and innovation that drive long-term growth – for 3M as well as for our people and our teams.