3D-P is a leading provider of technology-based products and services to the resources industry. We are seeking a Radio Frequency ("RF") Engineer to assist with the ongoing support of wireless networks. This role is part of the Services Group and reports directly to the General Manager, Services.
The RF Engineer is responsible for the design and development of wireless network infrastructure and Intelligent End Point solutions to provide quality solutions to 3D-P customers under the oversight of the existing RF engineering team. This is a highly technical role that interfaces directly with customers for pre-sales support, with Services specialists for deployment, and with Project Management for the scheduling of service engagements. Radio Propagation planning, modeling and technical report writing are key activities for this role. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Travels to mine sites and conducts site surveys; RF propagation/interference studies, assessment of existing infrastructure, and completion of a site survey checklist.
- Development of wireless network architectures for mining clients.
- Assists Sales with the development of a Site Assessment, and the creation of the associated rough order of magnitude Bill of Materials and wireless network design.
- Responsible for the creation of detailed network designs, including infrastructure placement, back haul links, Bill of Materials, and test plan documents.
- Develops Work Package documents for the installation team.
- Provides ad hoc professional services (consulting) as required.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all deployment process documentation and for assisting in the formulation of new processes.
- Accompanies Sales on customer meetings as required, providing technical expertise on 3D-P products, and assists sales and Product Management in the development of responses to RFI's, RFP's, etc.
- Ability to work independently with a safety-first mindset
- Desire experience and understanding of:
- Radio test equipment experience (spectrum analyzers, protocol analyzers)
- Basic networking: IP addressing, VLANs
- Radio propagation modeling
- System reliability analysis
- Engineering degree (Masters preferred) with APEGA P. Eng eligibility and specialization in wireless/telecommunications
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to learn a variety of radio modeling tools:
- LTE knowledge is an asset
The RF Engineer reports directly to the General Manager - Services. This position is based out of the 3D-P Calgary office however both office and field-based work will be required after initial training period. Periodic domestic and international travel to other 3D-P offices or customer sites is expected. Candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada and possess a valid passport.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- telecommunications engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)