3D Design Inc. is currently seeking an experienced steel detailer / checker to join our Dieppe NB office. We require a detail-oriented individual that can accurately and efficiently check structural and miscellaneous steel projects using Tekla Structures while ensuring client standards and company procedures are followed.
The Steel Detailer / Checker provides in-house quality control and expertise on projects covering all sectors. Projects involve from one to five steel detailers and are often delivered under tight time frames and precise budgets. Promoting accuracy, completeness, and efficacy through the project cycle is a key component of this position.
- Examine Tekla models to ensure they follow structural and architectural design drawings.
- Review connections to ensure conformity with specifications supplied by the project EOR and the connection design engineer.
- Consult and supply design alterations to connection engineer as necessary.
- Review RFI's.
- Ensure that design changes resulting from SI's and CCN's are complete concise and relevant.
- Coordinating and liaising with fabricators.
- Verifying accurate cut lists and CNC data files for the fabrication process.
- Reviewing information models, engineer prepared drawings and data imports.
- Reviewing assembly drawings and erection plans.
- Check bill of materials.
- Verify fabrication drawings and reports.
- Checking drawings for conformity with CISC, AISC, and client' specifications and standards.
- Mentoring and technically assist detailers in all aspects of structural steel detailing; and
- Promoting continuous improvement and contributing to company-wide policies, standards and procedures, and supporting juniors in increasing their knowledge of Tekla Structures software and steel detailing in general.
- High level of knowledge of industry standard detailing practices.
- At least 5 years' experience in steel detailing.
- Five or more years' direct experience checking detailing projects.
- Proficiency in Building Information Modeling (BIM) software such as TEKLA Structures.
- Knowledge of standard construction practices
- Attention to Detail.
- High Quality Customer Service and Communications - excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- College diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent
- Canadian Citizenship/Legally able to work in Canada
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $35.00 /hour
- checking: 5 years (Preferred)