Senior Security/Low Voltage Technician
- Security Technician will be a team member performing the security installation for commercial/government and new construction projects. You will be going onto active construction sites and using power tools and cable test equipment for installation on CU and FO Networks. You will be terminating and testing wire, installing new low voltage cable for security systems and cameras and troubleshooting problems in the field with little to no supervision.
- Senior Security Technician will direct and instant team members, field engineer and configure complex security systems. You will be responsible for running and installing all cable and systems related to access control, CCTV/IP Video intrusion and fencing systems. You will need to be well versed in IP Security and have the ability to accurately install, test and troubleshoot from the servers to end devices.
- Any equipment installation is a plus - CCTV, Card Access, Fiber Optic, Wireless, etc...
- Pay will depend on amount of experience in security/communications industry.
- HS Diploma or higher (AA or higher degree in electronics or similar field of study a plus)
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Candidates should possess all basic hand tools and be familiar with using test equipment. (Fluke PSX2-8000)
- Able to use common construction terminology.
- Basic understanding of IP systems preferred.
- Strong documentation/organization skills.
- Experience installing, terminating, testing, troubleshooting and documenting test results for cabling (Cat 6 and FO).
- Knowledge of construction documentation and blueprint reading a plus.
- Valid drivers license required, safe driving record (No DUI's) and reliable transportation.
- Commitment to safety - OSHA Certifications OSHA 10 required; OSHA 30 a plus.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Advanced computer and smartphone skills required.
- BICSI Installer certification a plus!
- Genetec/SSI/Milestone Certification a plus!
- Fiber Optic experience a plus!
- Experience running a small to medium sized crew a plus!
- Installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, establishing connections and programming features that follow industry standards.
Must be able to:
- Climb up and down ladders
- Lift and/or move up to 75 pounds of equipment, to include an extension ladder.
- Pull up to 75 pounds of cable.
- Work in all weather conditions.
- Bend, stand, sit, crawl, stoop, kneel, crouch walk, climb, lift and work with hands and arms throughout the work day in all environments (basements, crawl spaces, attics, ceilings, etc.)
- Comfortable with heights. (work is often done on 20-30ft lifts or in a bucket truck)
- Familiar with a variety of network items, equipment, switches, etc.
- Have frequent and professional interactions with team members, customers and vendors. Strong customer service skills a plus!
- Complete and submit paperwork accurately and daily.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test.
- Occasional travel
Job Type: Full Time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 /year
- Technician: 5 years (Preferred)
- Low Voltage: 5 years (Preferred)
- Security: 5 years (Preferred)
- Genetec (Preferred)
- ONSSI (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance