Explore Canada and work with one of Canada's best and fastest growing events company!
365 Sports Inc. specializes in event management, experiential marketing, concept and development and brand execution. We provide creative, fun and innovative athletic events to engage all participants, seasoned athletes and novices alike. We are dedicated to inspiring a healthier, happier society through the combination of fitness and philanthropy.
As Independent Contractor, you would be responsible for working in tandem with management, lead hands and the team (in the field) executing set up, event day and tear down. You will maintain an area of responsibility in the field as an individual contributor and be responsible for working alongside the rest of the crew as an individual contributor. You bring previous experience working in a construction environment (or similar) and knowledge on the proper and safe use of power tools
The Contractor will provide the following services: Provide carpentry, obstacle construction, event-day operations, and deconstruction services for six (6) Mud Hero events.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Over the course of a weekly schedule you would be involved in the following activities:
- Deployment of all work requests given by on-site management
- Heavy lifting of equipment, gear, obstacles, etc.
- Unrolling and rolling inflatables in setup and tear down activities
- Assembling wood and system scaffold obstacles, meeting and exceeding safety requirements
- Setting up rebar, course tape, electric cords, pumps and laying hoses for water obstacles; meeting all safety standards
- Placing water monsters and bladders and filling them
- Safely and skillfully operating a UTV, truck, and telehandler(specific license required)
- Setting up tents and flags
- Placing signage and banners
- Spiking t-bar and setting up fencing
- Setting up finish line coral with medals, water, and supplies for event day staff and volunteers, etc.
- Interacting with all customers and staff on event day in a professional and efficient manner, assisting them as required
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work collaboratively as an integral crew member on the 2019 Mud Hero tour. This tour starts in May (Ottawa) and ends early September (Toronto). Ideally, you would be available to work for us on the entire tour. Duties include traveling across Canada with the crew to set up prior to each event, manage event day activities, tear down each event, and travel to the next venue to repeat this cycle.
Mud Hero offers 22 + obstacles to its participants so there is a lot of equipment involved in the setup/ teardown of each event. We take pride in offering an outstanding experience to all our participants and expect that all our employees would be like-minded. Also, we expect all employees to handle all our property and resources with the utmost care and competency.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Previous work experience in a similar industry would be ideal, including experience in carpentry, customer service-oriented businesses and events-related industries.
- Previous experience working in a construction environment (or similar) and knowledge on the proper and safe use of power tools
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excels in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Display leadership skills and abilities and exemplary self-discipline, professionalism and work ethic
- Integral team player who is flexible and open to new tasks/responsibilities as required
- Proven ability to understand and effectively execute instructions
- Able to work as an integral part of a team while maintaining sole responsibility for your area of responsibility
- Excellent verbal communication skills - especially in the area of listening and retaining instruction
- Display high levels of customer service and willingness to help others; co-workers, customers, partners, etc.
- Proven track record of working outdoors in all conditions that Mother Nature has to offer for long periods of time
- Physically dexterous - able to lift heavy objects, stand for long periods of time and move through all sorts of terrain
- Known to strive for perfection and not be satisfied with being average
- Ability to work in a team environment to gain consensus, share opinions, work through conflict and share a team vision/goal
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Proficiency in small engine mechanical skills, forklift/telehandler license, carpentry, electrician, etc; an asset
- Must be able to work in an outdoor setting during events. This includes heat, cold, wet environments and various terrain.
- Long periods of standing and walking during the event are required.
- Physical stamina, repetitive motion, and heavy lifting is a major requirement of these roles.
- Extensive travel (air and road) to various events is required
Contract Dates Required:
- Sunday, May 26 - Tuesday, June 4, 2019 - Ottawa, ON
- Sunday, June 9 - Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - Montreal, QC
- Sunday, June 30 - Tuesday, July 9, 2019 - Truro, NS
- Sunday, July 21 - Tuesday, July 30, 2019 - Winnipeg, MB
- Sunday, August 4 - Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - Red Deer, AB
- Sunday, August 18 - Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - Toronto North, ON
Rate: $200-$250 per/day(depending on experience and skills), $50 daily per diem
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $200.00 to $250.00 /day
- Forklift Operation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)