This role requires a highly organized, results-oriented, methodical, upbeat and people-oriented manager who knows construction - preferably Interior Design / Architecture. Supporting the successful execution of our portfolio of projects, the Project Manager represents 34F Design and our standards to clients.
The successful candidate will be experienced in their field and the related project management tasks, deliverables, financials and processes. The Project Manager will also be responsible for guiding, directing, mentoring (in process) other staff, sharing their knowledge and assisting the team to be successful. He/she will directly manage, and take responsibility for, the organization of several variously sized interior-design projects as directed by our executive team of Designers. The Project Manager will also directly manage, and continuously improve the workflow and process of the 34F Design studio itself in collaboration with the executive team.
We require an experienced, professional Project Manager with a minimum 3 years of direct Project Management experience in the industry (Interior Design or Architecture PM experience strongly preferred).
- Take responsibility for the management and coordination of the design studios projects, at the direction and reporting to senior management.
- Assist with the preparation of fee proposals and related contract documents with management prior to commencement of work to ensure the fee structure, project schedule, staff allocation and client expectations are clearly defined, in appropriate detail with respect to the management of the project.
- Continually review schedule and staff allocation both with the project team and management; and ensure an ongoing and consistent understanding of the project deliverables and client expectations.
- Monitor project objectives and ensure any project that deviates from its original scope, critical path and/or allocated budget is either addressed promptly or reported quickly.
- Coordinate drawing and document delivery.
- Prepare, distribute and track project documentation, daily correspondence, consultant work-orders, contracts, change-orders, RFI's etc. etc. Ensure complete organization and be the one we rely on to find the right document/answer quickly.
- Monitor the work and advise senior management of any quality or accuracy concerns, to ensure work meets 34F's standards and expectations for project delivery.
- Attend offsite work, including but not limited to, site visits and meetings with clients, consultants, contractors and municipalities as required.
- Assume management of and implement policy and procedures for the interior design work process. Assist the team to ensure the process is followed.
- Assist with the assignment, co-ordination and review of the technical work of the Interior Design team.
- Assist with the recruitment of personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas.
- Ability to lead project teams consisting of various staff, consultant and contractors with different expertise areas related to the industry.
- May meet with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals or present interior design reports and findings.
- Regularly solicit feedback on performance from those above and below.
- Use the 34F Tracker software to track time on specific projects daily and reconcile them at the end of each week. Complete monthly expense sheets as required.
- Pursue learning opportunities to further develop professional skills.
- Bachelor's degree in any related post-secondary field.
- Minimum 3 years of Project Management experience in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architectural Design.
- Contract Administration experience in projects in active execution.
- Experience with LEED-certified projects an asset.
- Detail oriented, highly-accurate and highly organized.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English skills (written and verbal).
- Highly self-motivated.
- Demonstrated client-service skills and a relentless focus on customer satisfaction.
- Power MS Office User (Word, Excel especially)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- LEED Certified Projects: 1 year (Preferred)
- Contract Administration on Active Projects: 2 years (Required)
- Project Management: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel): 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)