We are a busy independent bookstore and we also specialize in local art, jewellery, gifts and greeting cards in beautiful Edgemont Village in North Vancouver, BC.
Attributes necessary to being successful in this position are:
- a passion for books
- an excellent command of verbal and written English
- a sincere interest in people and their stories and the ability to intelligently discuss books and reading
- solid typing skills and an aptitude to learn new computer programs
Duties will include the following:
1. Assisting the manager with the day to day running of the store
2. Customer service - recommending & special ordering books, assisting with jewellery, art and greeting card selections
3. Creating interesting store and window displays and maintaining a visually eclectic and organized space
4. Participating in website updating and social media marketing
5. Occasional participation in off-site literary events
This is a high energy job in a very busy work environment with some lifting of boxes required. Hours will include weekend shifts and some evenings.
We compensate our employees at above average industry rates.
Include a cover letter with your resume to tell us why you are the best person for this position.
Job Type: 25-35 hours per week
Job Type: Full-time