Junior Sales and Marketing Coordinator
2nd Floor Events is looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join our office and event coordination team. The successful applicant will have an exceptional eye for detail and accuracy, social media acumen, comfortable working in a collaborative team, and is self-motivated and goal oriented.
Responsibilities of the Event and Sales Coordinator include:
- Answer general event inquiries by email and telephone
- Support administrative needs of the sales & marketing team (proposals, floor plans, photos for social media etc.)
- Prepare for and participate in weekly events and operations meetings- prepare files, take minutes, and follow up when required
- Ensure the office is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion including but not limited to filing and document organization, ordering supplies, maintaining event inventory etc.
- Inventory management of alcohol, chattels etc.
- Scheduling of internal and external staff, including reconciliation of invoices and payroll. Assist with job postings and initial screening of new hires as required
- Minor venue repairs and upkeep
- Ensuring internal systems are maintained e.g. caterease, touchbistro etc.
- Invoice and collect landmark fees from participating suppliers
- Financial reconciliation of petty cash expenses submitted to accounting
Marketing, Social Media, and Project Responsibilities
- Manage any inquiries that come in through Yelp/Facebook
- Monitor and respond to reviews on Yelp, Facebook, Google etc.
- Monitor Instagram mentions/tags and respond/repost accordingly
- Planning and posting on social media profiles
- Organizing all photos in dropbox and curate select photos to be used on Instagram with careful attention to all vendors, hashtags and clients involved for tagging purposes to maximize interaction and reach
- Reaching out to photographers/vendors/clients for photos and posting permission
- Communicate with other brands/vendors, planning collaborations (styled shoots, wedding expos, etc.), and building relationships through DM, comments, likes, reposting, sharing, etc.
- Build follower count and engagement within posts
- Track metrics in relation to followers, impressions, reach, etc.
- Maintaining a cohesive voice with posts and copy
- Updating and creating content for sales collateral
- Participate in menu design (research catering trends, participate in team brainstorming, editing and writing menu once created)
- Participate in other marketing initiatives as required
Skills and Specifications:
- Minimum of 1 year in a hospitality customer service role
- Must have outstanding time management, organizational skills, and detail orientation
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- A professional manner with the ability to handle multiple demands with time sensitive deadlines
- Experience growing a social media presence, sourcing and creating photo content, managing and engaging with communities online, strong for-social copywriting skills
- Mac proficient - knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Adobe knowledge an asset
- Ability to read, write and speak English Fluently
- Caterease and touch bistro experience preferred but not required
- This is a salary part-time role at 30 hours per week. Option to work at events to obtain full time hours is available (based on experience).
Job Type: Part-time
- Event Coordination: 1 year (Required)
- Marketing: 1 year (Required)