The mission of the Design Studio is to advance the state of the art in customer experience through exceptional design. 7.ai is a pre-IPO company backed by Sequoia. We provide the cloud platform and applications to automate customer interactions across channels, devices, self-service and assisted service.
Who We Are Looking For
- We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to envision the next generation of user interfaces for customer service across key mobile and desktop platforms.
- As a design pioneer, you will invent consumer and enterprise solutions that combine speech, touch and other modalities to drive intuitive interactions on the desktop, smartphones, tablets, and other connected consumer devices.
- You will collaborate with other designers, developers, sales, product managers, architects, engineers, data scientists and senior leadership, to bring your creations to life for the largest customer-focused enterprises in the world.
- The position is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- You have an enviable portfolio that demonstrates your interaction design skills applied to the design of Fortune 100 consumer and enterprise mobile products or services.
- You can lead the process of user-centered design for interaction design at any point in the product development process.
- You share your expertise through documenting and discussing best practices, case studies, and current industry mobile design thinking among your peers and the product teams you work with.
- You build strong relationships within and across different parts of the company and demonstrate an ability to effectively work cross functionally with senior management and company leaders to effectively propagate your ideas and direction.
- You are an expert in interaction design and can create, present and document detailed interaction and functional specifications. You can translate a concept into detailed design specifications that can be used by product and development teams to understand and build a working product.
- You can review the interaction design of competing products and are capable of discussing how 7 uses interaction design to differentiate itself.
- You can articulate the implications that design has on a product and are accountable for thinking through complex interaction design challenges based on input from research and data gathered from yourself and other teams.
- Excellence in verbal, written and design communication is a given.
- You have designed products and/or services for mobile devices, including native apps and the mobile web. You understand the subtleties and nuances associated with designing for touch-interface and smaller form factor devices. You are aware of the latest design trends and methods for mobile, and how the various platforms influence and drive the design.
- You have knowledge and experience creating responsive designs and are familiar with the benefits of RWD along with the associated challenges of creating fluid designs.
- You are accountable for the accuracy of your work and ensure its successful and accurate adoption when it is used as a blue print for product design and testing.
- You explore various alternatives, select appropriate solutions and actively resolve issues in a timely and harmonious manner.
- You are accountable for actively identifying areas for improvement in existing product designs and demos at 7.ai.
- You make firm recommendations to advance these areas and secure sponsorship to ensure action is taken based on your recommendations.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Commitment to Accessibility:
- You should be a college graduate preferably with a degree, masters or PhD in Computer Science, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, HCI, or Computer Related Design (or, relative work experience).
- You will have been the lead designer for significant mobile products in one or more vertical markets such as consumer, enterprise, and B2B.
- You have advanced applied knowledge of user centered design principles and have a strong understanding of brand identity and know how to build systems to support brand values.
- You have acquired business domain, competitive and operational knowledge of the products and services you work on.
- You are familiar with the challenges of designing for both domestic and international audiences.
- You have comprehensive technical design knowledge beyond the core interaction design disciplines.
- You have advanced specialized knowledge in one or more design domains such as responsive design, designing for tablet vs. smartphone and/or usability research.
- You have mastery of design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch.
- Experience 6+ years
7.ai is committed to ensuring that all employees, customers and members of the community have full and equal access to its facilities, services and information. Accessibility makes it possible for people with all levels of ability to take advantage of everything 7.ai has to offer. Should you require accommodations, please contact us through via the contact information below:
email@example.com ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
416-214-9337 x 221