The Building Maintenance Worker oversees day-to-day operations of the various buildings, handling aspects such as general maintenance, basic electrical repairs and basic plumbing and heating repairs, as well as preventative maintenance.
The worker will report directly to the Landlord & Property Manager.
- Cleans the buildings commons areas including hallways, elevators, entries, stairways and other locations as required.
- Snow shoveling entries, around windows and plowing parking lots and driveways with and without vehicles present.
- Keeps building grounds and common areas clean and in safe condition.
- Perform yard-work involving cutting grass, trimming and hedge and branch removals.
- Complete inspection, cleaning and repairs as required of vacant rental units to prepare for new tenants.
- Able to complete proper patching and painting of drywall.
- On-Call to respond to tenant maintenance requests, and the ability to keep a detailed log of the issue and resolution.
- Regularly reviewing the buildings and reporting any issues or damages to the Property Manager.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on and in the buildings.
- Fill out the daily log sheet at multiple buildings for emergency systems.
- Notify the Property Manager of any tenant complaints or conflicts.
- Respond at any time to emergency calls.
- Coordinate with contractors or work crews for outsourced work.
- Perform other duties as assigned which are directly related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Previous maintenance worker and/or construction experience related to duties listed above is required.
- A thorough understanding of building maintenance systems.
- A thoroughunderstanding of HVAC systems for maintenance.
- A thorough understanding of Boilers, Pumps, and Hydronic Heating systems for maintenance, repair & upgrades.
- A working understanding of sprinkler systems.
- A working understanding of elevator systems.
- Ability to perform minor/basic electrical maintenance & repair.
- Good verbal and writing skills in the English language & the ability to properly communicate with the Landlord, Property Manager, Contractors and Tenants.
- Must be in good health and have the ability to perform all items listed in duties above.
- Ability to effectively operate a loader will be considered an asset
- Ability to speak French and/or additional languages will be considered an asset
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must be willing to be on-call to respond to emergency calls and maintenance requests
Job Type: Full-time
- Building Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Required)