The successful Director will have an in-depth understanding of the TV series life cycle and the evolving industry landscape. They will be a passionate advocate for the studio’s content creators and its IP with a mission to strengthen brand loyalty, drive viewership and promote engagement wherever consumers choose to watch. They will have proven expertise in these areas and a keen knowledge of how TV series are marketed and exploited across a variety of distribution platforms and exploitation windows. They will have experience developing and executing innovative marketing and promotion campaigns, sponsored and co-branded content alliances, in-show integrations, and digital/social/mobile media campaigns. The Director will be a highly effective internal and external cross-team leader with strong presentation and communication skills.
- Be an authority on assigned shows and serve as a studio brand steward and point of contact with all network and distribution platform marketing counterparts in support of every stage of a show’s life-cycle from pilot development to new show launches, programming milestones & special events, and a variety of brand extensions, etc.
- Serve as the lead marketing contact on your shows with other internal WDT/DTS departments (e.g. Business Affairs/Legal, Publicity, Sales/Creative Partnerships, Programming, Consumer Products, Worldwide Distribution, Synergy, etc.) and external partners and help integrate and coordinate plans.
- Support SVP’s negotiations with distribution partners’ advertiser-driven co-branded tie-ins, product integration and placement deals throughout the sales process with respect to ideation (and feasibility), producer/production engagement and lead studio’s fulfillment.
- Provide and present up-to-date insight on how our shows are being marketed: including launch briefs, marketing strategies, creative assets and campaigns to drive viewership, and audience targeting.
- Mobilize divisions and departments in support of series marketing campaigns.
- Know storylines, casting, key production info, scheduling, etc. Monitor performance/health of the show, research, ratings, press, insights, social commentary, digital platform viewing and metrics.
- Monitor and share viewership trends, the competitive landscape, marketing trends, social trends and consumer behaviors.
- Devise additive marketing plans/ideas to potentially increase traffic and maximize the relationship with our viewers across multiple touch points.
- Support the SVP of Marketing & Promotions in special projects as needed.
A minimum of 7 years’ experience in marketing strategy and/or development or brand management for a TV studio or media agency.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience creating marketing strategies for TV or Entertainment studios across multiply platforms (b’cast/streaming, syndication, mobile, consumer products, home entertainment) and throughout their lifecycle.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated expertise with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Social Media
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Marketing experience in entertainment/media strongly preferred
- Experience in online, digital or social media marketing preferred
- Strategic and creative thinker who is a self-starter, flexible and can function in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with technical and creative development team members.
- Proactive planning and solid project management skills
- Thorough understanding of current and emerging digital platform
- Strong attention to detail in an environment that requires extensive multi-tasking and multiple deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage, stimulate and encourage professional growth among managerial staff.
- Management of cross-functional relationships and collaboration in a creative, team-oriented environment
- Familiarity and ability to apply relevant consumer research, Nielsen data, etc.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.