Title: Staff Accountant
FLSA: Salary, exempt
Location: Miramar, FL
SUMMARY: The Staff Accountant role is an integral member of the Accounting team with direct responsibility in supporting the monthly close, reporting and variance analysis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (*Essential Duties)
- Process journal entries and supporting information for the monthly close*
- Reconcile and identify outstanding items as part of the account reconciliation process*
- Prepare account analysis and supporting information for the income statement and balance sheet accounts*
- Research and correct accounting discrepancies*
- Manage companies fixed assets from inception of pre-approval process to place in service and disposal*.
- Assist in the preparation of the income statement, balance sheet*
- Assist in other duties as required by business needs or assigned by the finance team*
Other Areas of Responsibilities:
- Work directly with external auditors on year end audits and reviews as required and provide the necessary documentation and supporting explanations.
- Assist with other Ad hoc reporting/projects as required.
- Experience in public company setting a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of experience in large company or public company setting
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and deadline driven
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Competitive benefits: Health, dental, vision, life and AD&D, 401K retirement plan, vacation and sick time.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. First Choice Aerospace considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.