1QBit is dedicated to solving the world's most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify intractable industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, operations research scientists, computer scientists, software developers, computational chemists, and quantum computing experts, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems using advanced classical and quantum systems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity - A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking - A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration - A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership - A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner's Mindset - A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a passion for working at the frontier of new technologies. As a machine learning researcher on our Machine Learning infrastructure team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to client engagements especially in the field of healthcare. At the core of this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Building and debugging TensorFlow computational graphs for supervised and unsupervised machine learning models.
- Developing end-to-end machine learning pipelines including: data acquisition, preprocessing, design, training and debugging machine learning models as well as interpreting model results.
- Analyzing text data including labeling and classification (e.g. medical case reports ).
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with team members from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Presenting results in a comprehensible manner backed by data.
- Working with 1QBit's internal teams as well as customers to build machine-learning powered APIs.
- Collaborating with researchers to implement state-of-the-art algorithms in machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
Operating within 1QBit's Agile team structure, it is largely you who will drive your own schedule and work in collaboration with fellow researchers, industry experts, and software developers on partner and client projects in various industry verticals. You will use the Scrum methodology to take an ownership role in autonomously managing your work and supporting your team in finishing project Sprints. You will contribute to 1QBit's continuous improvement through Sprint Retrospectives and by providing input and ideas on every aspect of how our company operates.
Peer feedback and mentorship will allow you to immerse yourself in our team's thinking from day one and will, in turn, support the development of your own ideas through active, iterative collaboration with teammates on papers, patents, and technical reports. You will also join multidisciplinary teams composed of our own fundamental and applied researchers and software developers, alongside industry researchers, to explore the solution space of open questions in the field of quantum computing. Together, you will consider the fundamental implications of each project throughout the research and software development
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. Here is the complementary knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team:
- Master's or Doctorate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or statistics (preferably with a specialization in machine learning/natural language processing).
- 2+ years of industry experience building and deploying machine learning solutions.
- Hands on experience in Natural Language Processing and designing text analysis algorithms: categorization and information extraction from unstructured text.
- Experience with text mining and parsing, classification, designing and implementing data pipelines.
- Demonstrated expertise with deep learning models such as RNN/LSTM, Auto-encoders.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, PyTorch, Sci-kit Learn).
- Familiarity with data science and machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g. Deep Learning, Random Forest, Support Vector Machine).
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Python, C/C++, and/or Java.
- Applied knowledge of software and algorithm design, data structures, complexity analysis and high-performance computing.
- Experience with Git and related source control concepts.
- Familiarity with optimization algorithms and statistical methods.
- Ability to conduct research in an interdisciplinary environment as well as independently.
- Self motivation and direction; Ability to take initiative and follow through reliably.
- A commitment to challenge the status quo, take smart risks, and be open to possible failure.
- An eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies, and to continually consider how these will influence our projects, including the implications and opportunities that they bring.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement.
- Open to feedback to improve your performance and in turn constantly provide input to team-members to elevate team performance and 1QBit's culture.
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems. You have a relentless curiosity for exploring new methodologies and you have an intrinsic drive to architect the foundation of the quantum ecosystem because you love the challenges and understand the rewards that the next paradigm of computation will bring.