1QBit is dedicated to solving the world's most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify demanding industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark, and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers, and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, engineers, operations research scientists, software developers, and quantum computing experts, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems using advanced classical and quantum systems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values that are focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity - A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking - A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration - A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership - A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner's Mindset - A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
As a member of our Machine Learning Division, you will work in collaboration with other researchers, data scientists, and software developers, utilizing your background in machine learning and data science and/or probability theory, statistics, and optimization to address a wide range of challenging research and development problems. In this role, you will work with proprietary client data, create machine learning model pipelines, and develop products valuable in multiple industries. You will also have access to the world's most advanced quantum and classical computing hardware architectures in order to develop new tools and techniques for applications to interface with and leverage new processing capabilities.
"Why 1QBit?", you might ask... Well, as the first company dedicated to the development of quantum computing software, we are defining and transforming how the industry evolves.
If being a pioneer is not enough, you will also have the opportunity to work on some of the world's most challenging computational problems in the areas of machine learning, optimization, and simulation.
What You'll Do
At 1QBit, in any given day you will:
- Use your experience in rapid prototyping to implement effective and powerful computational solutions
- Drive your own schedule and work in collaboration with fellow researchers, industry experts, and software developers on partner and client projects in various industry verticals
- Use Scrum methodology to take an ownership role to autonomously manage your work and support your team in finishing project Sprints
- Invent, design, investigate, implement, and analyze classical and quantum algorithms in the fields of machine learning, data science, and optimization
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing culture of 1QBit by taking initiative and discussing problems, theory, and solutions with colleagues throughout the company
- Use and encourage best coding practices within the machine learning team
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. Here is the complementary knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team:
Nice to haves:
- A master's or doctorate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or statistics (preferably with a specialization in machine learning), or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of industry experience building and deploying machine learning solutions
- Applied knowledge of software and algorithm design, data structures, complexity analysis, high-performance computing, and GPGPU programming
- Excellent Python skills
- Experience writing unit and integration tests for your code
- Relevant experience with languages and frameworks typically used for machine learning (e.g., TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, PyTorch)
- Experience with big data processing, deep learning, and database management
- Experience working on client-facing projects is desirable
- Familiarity with optimization algorithms and statistical methods
- A strong track record of structuring and solving complex problems
- The ability to conduct research in an interdisciplinary environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with debugging and profiling tools
- Being comfortable providing feedback to team members and soliciting and acting on feedback to improve your performance
- Proactiveness in seeking out opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement
- An eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies, and to continually consider how these will influence our projects in terms of opportunities and challenges
- A dedication to maintaining team unity and effectiveness by sharing information and expertise, and striving for team success
- The ability to autonomously drive your own projects and determine when and with whom to share information to provide regular, consistent, and pertinent information to team members
- Expertise using regression methods both in machine learning and statistical modelling
- Experience working with and building software infrastructures
- Familiarity with quantum annealing and/or gate model quantum computation
- Experience working in Agile teams
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of the thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems. You have a relentless curiosity for exploring new methodologies and you have an intrinsic drive to architect the foundation of the quantum ecosystem because you love the challenges and understand the rewards that the next paradigm of computation will bring.