1QBit is dedicated to solving the world's most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify demanding industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark, and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers, and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, engineers, operations research scientists, software developers, quantum computing experts, and business leaders, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity - A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking - A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration - A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership - A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner's Mindset - A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
You will work closely with the Health Care Team to formulate solutions to some of health care's most challenging problems. Your role will be vital in the team's efforts to help migrate imaging and other patient health data from partner health care organizations in a way that is safe, secure, and reliable. You will also be a key contributor in architecting and developing workflows to allow seamless integration of our quantum-inspired and artificial intelligence software solutions with various hospital information systems. You will aid the Director of Health Care by advising best practices for enterprise architecture and security protocols at worldwide partnered health centres. For this role, you must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
"Why 1QBit?", you might ask... Well, as the first company dedicated to the development of quantum computing software, we are defining and transforming how the industry evolves.
If being a pioneer is not enough, you will also have the opportunity to support amazing people who are working on some of the world's most challenging computational problems in the areas of machine learning, optimization, quantum computing and simulation.
What You'll Do
- Drive recommendations on software development and interfaces with health care systems
- Strategize with the health care team on the product development roadmap
- Develop customized and secure interfaces between health care systems and 1QBit software, where necessary
- Ensure patient privacy laws and regulations are followed when handling patient health information
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. The knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team includes:
Not a must, but nice to have:
- A bachelor of science degree in a health care, computer science, or an information management or technology field
- At least 3-5 years of relevant and recent clinical/technical experience in health care with imaging information systems (RIS), PACS, VNA systems, voice recognition systems, post-processing applications
- A strong understanding of HL7, FHIR, and DICOM standards and IHE workflows
- Experience with the integration of multiple health care enterprise systems (e.g., HIS, RIS, PACS)
- Knowledge of non-RIS systems and their architecture that are upstream and downstream to the enterprise system applications, including HL7, DICOM, HIS/ADT, orders and results, CPOE, radiology decision-support software, and HL7 integration engines
- Development experience with XML and JSON, and more-general coding experience with Python or C++ or any modern programming language
- Working knowledge of DICOM protocols and reviewing conformance statements
- A strong understanding of all modalities in an imaging department, including workflow for patients, staff, radiologists, and referring physicians from other departments and disciplines
- Demonstrated strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Experience writing journal papers or technical documents
- Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative and follow through reliably
- A drive to proactively seek out opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement
- An openness to soliciting feedback to improve your performance and, in turn, continually providing input to team members to elevate team performance and contribute to 1QBit's culture
- An eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies, and to continually consider how these will influence our projects, including the implications and opportunities that they will bring
- A dedication to maintaining team success through open communication
- A commitment to challenging the status quo, taking smart risks, and being open to possible failure
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- A philosophy of continuous improvement and a passion for the sharing of knowledge
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage tasks and meet deadlines
- Certification or extensive experience with Agile and Scrum frameworks
- Certification in imaging informatics (CIIP designation), or equivalent
- Knowledge of VNA system architectures
- Experience with enterprise business analytics software like Tableau or Business Objects
- Recent, relevant experience in a leadership role in a RIS/PACS environment
- Demonstrated working knowledge of business processes and workflows of diagnostic imaging and health care delivery in a tertiary hospital environment
- Experience in evaluating new technologies and equipment
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of the thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems.