1QBit is dedicated to solving the world's most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify demanding industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark, and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers, and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, engineers, operations research scientists, software developers, quantum computing experts, and business leaders, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity - A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking - A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration - A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership - A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner's Mindset - A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
As a member of the Machine Learning Division, your mission is to create the best possible web interfaces for 1QBit's machine learning solutions and products. In partnership with the rest of the team, you will create new GUI features for our customers, partners, and internal business users, while ensuring a consistent user experience.
"Why 1QBit?", you might ask... Well, as the first company dedicated to the development of quantum computing software, we are defining and transforming how the industry evolves.
If being a pioneer is not enough, you will also have the opportunity to support amazing people who are working on some of the world's most challenging computational problems in the areas of machine learning, optimization, quantum computing and simulation.
What You'll Do
- Work on creating user-friendly interfaces for machine learning customer solutions, products, and internal tools
- Collaborate with back-end developers and researchers to continuously provide and support front-end features
- Coordinate and conduct usability testing with an eye for the improvement of products and solutions
- Implement and maintain automated testing for existing and new features
- Contribute to defining project plans and estimating implementation time for user interface elements
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. The knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team includes:
Not a must, but nice to have:
- 2+ years of experience with front-end web design, development, testing, and maintenance
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Vue.js, ReactJS, or Angular
- Knowledge of integrating functionality provided by REST APIs
- A solid understanding of MVC designs
- A desire to ensure that everything you create has a dedicated testing framework in place
- A solid understanding of content management practices
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative and follow through reliably
- A drive to proactively seek opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement
- An openness to soliciting feedback to improve your performance and, in turn, continually providing input to team members to elevate team performance and contribute to 1QBit's culture
- An eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies, and to continually consider how these will influence our projects, including the implications and opportunities that they will bring
- A dedication to maintaining team unity and success through open communication
- A commitment to challenge the status quo, take smart risks, and be open to possible failure
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- A philosophy of continuous improvement and a passion for knowledge sharing
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage tasks and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with Git, cloud services, and Docker
- Familiarity with automated web testing frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver
- Experience developing in a Linux/macOS environment
- Experience collaborating with external teams
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of the thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems.