We are inviting applicants for the position of Bookkeeper/Medical Billing. In this position, you will perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll transactions.
We have two small medical offices with 8 staff total. Our culture is to ensure compassionate patient care with integrity and honesty through collaboration and teamwork. Being a small company it's very important to hire for "fit" first!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Invoice MOHLTC for services provided
- Review, correct and ensure MOHLTC applications are correct and submitted on time
- Receive, approve, and when necessary, investigate client's accounts payable invoices
- Generate invoices with accurate codes to MOHLTC; Collect all current and outstanding payments
- Enter Accounts Payable Invoices; Process payments
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- Respond to inquiries by patients, prospective patients, and visitors in a courteous manner
- Keep medical office supplies adequately stocked by anticipating inventory needs, placing orders, and monitoring office equipment
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner, respond to inquiries, and make reminder calls to patients
- Protect patient confidentiality
- Support existing staff in daily functions, replacing staff for periods of absenteeism and/or holidays.
- Book keeping with Quickbooks bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports
- Payroll and all related duties to payroll
- Perform other office related duties as required
- Executive assistant duties to include, Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications, Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Completion of a diploma/certificate program from a recognized institution in Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent and asset.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting programs including QuickBooks
- Minimum 2 years of bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports
- Ability to input data quickly and accurately
- Keyboarding (35 wpm/95% accuracy)
- High level Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Effective verbal, listening and communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skill
- Occasional ON-CALL rotation will be required
- Must own reliable vehicle
- Vulnerable person police check will be required upon offer of employment.
Please email a detailed resume with salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- book keeping: 2 years (Required)