The $1.1 trillion-dollar global logistics market is historically non-transparent, and ripe for increased efficiency. Under the existing model, shippers unknowingly cover endless intermediaries/costs and thus overpay for transportation. FreightFriend wants to change this by directly connecting Logistics Providers, Shippers and carriers to match available freight with truck capacity, balance carrier networks, and provide end to end logistics solutions in a private but centralized environment. Through a mutual friendship model FreightFriend enables logistics partners to collaborate with each other in a centralized, automated environment, without sharing proprietary information over public exchanges or limiting efficiency and usage from private communication or private exchanges.
FreightFriend is based in Chicago at 1871 in the Merchandise Mart, and currently has 15 Logistic Provider clients posting over 8000 loads daily, 20,000 registered carriers, and growing monthly recurring revenue. The Founder and CEO is Noam Frankel, a pioneer and innovator in the logistics industry for over 35 years: first, as a founder and Chief Operating Officer of American Backhaulers, where he rolled out their early stage technologies, and helped build into a legendary brokerage operation; as VP of Truckload at Echo Global Logistics he built the truckload division from scratch, before founding Optimal Freight, which he then sold to TFI International.
- Creates design assets and UI information architecture, sitemaps, user experience and wireframes.
- Research driven personas, recommendation and workflows.
- Works with target audience and analyze usage interaction and conduct experience research.
- Lead interaction with clients and users as well interview business and product to find perfect fit.
- collaborates with engineers and product to find the best experience and appropriate tools.
- recommends tool and wireframe design to engineers
- Participates on user acceptance testing as well as address pain points.
- Keeper of guidelines and standards as well as specifications.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Cognitive Science, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction (Human Factors), Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years of progressive user experience design
- Professional experience with Sketch, invision and other related tools.
- Working experience with GUI design.
- Innovative and continuously learning for improving a legacy solution.
- Requires a demonstrated ability to produce visual design prototypes, clickable wireframes and other design artifacts that support the user-centered design and build process
- Web portfolio and design sample