Job Title: General Manager- Sales, Trade, Broadcasting & Other Services
Company Name: 1379726 Alberta Ltd.
Job Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Employment Conditions: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Post Date: December 10, 2018
Close Date: January 10, 2019
Business address: 1007, 1330 Harwood St., Vancouver, BC V6E 1S8
Number of positions available: 1
Salary: $85,000 per annum plus bonus
Job Type: Full time/ Permanent
Hours: 40 hours/week
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As early as possible
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from any recognized university. Candidates with a Master in Business Administration would be preferred.
- 10+ years of senior management experience of which 5 years of experience working in global markets. Candidate with experience of working in US and Asian markets will be given preference.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Planning and Budgeting.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong interpersonal, Customer Service orientation and conflict resolution skills. Preference will be given to candidates who have the ability to communicate in multiple languages.
- Must be willing to travel to other countries for promoting organizational products/ services and generate new business opportunities across global markets.
- The candidate must be flexible to work in different time zones (days, evenings, nights and weekends) in order to work with international clients adhering to their time zones.
We are expanding our business operations across global markets and are looking for a smart and dynamic General Manager-Sales & Operations for our Vancouver office. The candidate shall be responsible for managing our business operations in Vancouver and will further be responsible for expanding our presence across global markets. The candidate shall join our Corporate office at Calgary and eventually move to Vancouver to start the business operations there. The candidate will be a performance driven leader and a mentor to all direct reports. This position is involved in the development and is responsible for implementation of the strategic vision for our organization. The General Manager-Sales & Operations assists with daily leadership and management of short and long-range goals. The candidate will assist with the budget, fiscal management and financial performance of the branch. A key aspect for this position as a liaison for the organization is to project the appropriate image to company employees, clients, and all stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and oversight in general operations of the branch.
- Establish objectives for the branch office, frame and authorize policies and programs leading to maximizing results on various organizational performance metrics.
- Establish and achieve short-term and long-term goals in line with the organizational Business plan and budgets.
- Foster new alliances and relationships across international markets in an endeavor to enhance business operations across global markets.
- Forecast annual, quarterly and monthly sales, revenue and expenses reports to the management team.
- Communicate and embody the company vision and values.
- Responsible for managing Top-line and Bottom-line targets, including profitability.
- Select and hire a team of performance driven managers, direct reports and other staff members.
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall resource & personnel planning.
- Ensure the Performance Review (PPR) Goals process occurs throughout the organization.
- Foster a positive workplace environment with clear lines of communication.
- Develop career engaged employees in their professional learning and advancement.
- Conduct all new hire training as well as enhancing knowledge and skill sets of new and existing direct reports and other staff members.
- Assist with the Business Development activities and presentations as needed.
- Be knowledgeable of the marketplace and competitive market share and strategies.
- Identify and communicate potential new account opportunities.
- Establish positive relations with all existing clients, develop new client relationships, professional contacts, prospective clients and potential lead generators.
- Monitors performance metrics of goals, initiatives and assignments as defined through the annual Business Management Plan.
- Assist with the corporate budget, fiscal management and financial performance of the branch.
Job Type: Full-time
- Senior Management: 10 years (Required)
- working in global markets: 5 years (Required)