The Network Engineer position requires the core competencies in various disciplines within IT Networking in a fast paced e-commerce environment. The candidate will provide support in all aspects of Network infrastructure consisting of LAN/WAN, HW & SW, routers, switches, firewalls, management systems, and monitoring systems. This individual will provide diagnoses, resolution, and documentation in all aspects of supporting, implementing and managing an enterprise network environment. Resolve hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate manner. Monitor the LAN/WAN devices including traffic and utilization trends. Strong troubleshooting ability required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that the performance and availability of the network infrastructure is maintained to the highest standards in order that maximum productivity is achieved.
- Design, Configuration, Implementation, and Support of all network components.
- Provide troubleshooting and diagnostic services.
- Experienced with Load Balancers, Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
- Participation in Day-to-Day Operations of Hosting and Corporate environments
- Analysis of complex network problems and coordination of resolutions
- On-Call for after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain complete detail technical documentation of the network environment.
- Other functions include analyzing new technologies and determining their applicability in the firm's network, analyzing current WAN bandwidth usage and forecasting future requirements, and providing support in troubleshooting routing, switching and circuit problems